Sunday, November 11, 2012

for a change of pace

sky, river
On Friday, I showed another auxiliar and his girlfriend around my home away from home, the park. It was chilly and threatening rain when we started out, but soon enough the weather did one of its lightning changes, and it turned into the kind of golden-sun, soft-cloud, cold-cheeked fall day that I love so much. We ended up going farther than I'd been before, and made it all the way to the Rat River's big brother, the Minho.

sky, birch
Other than the requisite hiking, I think (fingers crossed, knock on wood) that I've finally beaten the sickness that's been keeping me down for the last couple of weeks. So I get to start running again, which has been wonderful. I don't do very well without running as a stable, centering force in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment